A scent of your longing

By Padd - Friday, March 16, 2018






“Arthur, pick up the phone!” mother yelled.
“got it!!"
 Hello, Maxwell’s here”
1,2,3,4...
“Hi, it’s me...” the voice i've been missing finally came out.
I mentally smiled.
“it took 4 summers for you to finally call”
“sorry”
“thought you forget”
“i am not. I won’t. I remember everything.”
Summer of 1994, i was completely addicted in every sense of the words.
This is a skill I have yet uncover.  a skill of forgetting all those memories.
those smiles, laughter, the first kiss, the first love,
my first love.
I am a messed. A fiasco of my own world.
“Were we such a mistake?”
“No, we were not a mistake. I used to said it a lot just to make it more simple. But no, we were not. You’ve grown up now, Arthur”
“yeah, the world have been slightly preoccupied with other issues to just think about us. And it seems that you are too”.
“Arthur..”
“it’s okay. I busied myself with a lot of things. And i don’t desire you in that sort of way anymore”
Liar, liar. Pants on fire.
Silence.  Here come again the-stoic-mode of you.
Summer of 1994. The first time that i wished i could read your mature mind.
To finally found you amour me too, because we didn’t have much time.
“So, what’s up? Why are you calling?”
“i am engaged. And will be getting married in the next spring”.
“Congratulation” the world must’ve proud of me.
“yeah, i am sorry”
“it’s okay. so, is your partner a she this time?”
“yeah, it is a she”
“i hope you finally be happy, Adrian. The universe won’t be againts you”


Summer of 1994.  Mother said that’s just my-seventeen-years-old raging of hormones begging to be release.
But, How can you forget your first love?
Summer of 1994 has ended a long time ago. but let me be the one breathing every scent of summer breeze with a mix of longing and heartbreak.

Congratulation, Adrian. The universe finally won’t be againts you.


So, i am challenging myself to write this kind of short story. thanks to TAT, i got the inspiration lol.
for the readers, you understand the point of this short story, right? *inshaAllah ada yang baca yaa wkwkwk


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments